The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Friday, August 8, 2014

Old & Lost Almanacs

Here are a few Almanacs that, because it was a local, DC strip or for one reason or another was too outdated, have not been seen since their original publication in the Post. Hey, I got a million of these. My objections follow each image.

Strained humor, of local interest only.

Out of date.


Of local interest only. Who's Marion Barry?


Too specific.


Outdated subject.


Too local. Plus, J.Carter Brown's dead.

 
Too local. How many times are you going to use this gag?


Too local. Also, I'd lost it.


Too weird.

6 comments:

David Apatoff said...

"Too weird." This seems to be a new criterion for you. Quite frankly, I'm surprised you can tell the difference.

richardcthompson said...

It's a matter of degree.

gilda92 said...

I'm with David Apatoff.

John Read said...

I like Richard Thompson Weird.

Lorem Ipsum said...

Speaking of local-interest cartoons, it's thanks to Miss Bliss's class visit to the National Gallery that I always stop and admire the ventilation system grilles when showing out-of-town guests around. And I've got a Ph.D. in art history, so they pay attention.

richardcthompson said...

All highly accurate & drawn from life.