The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Old Cul de Sac

I'm sure I've posted this before, but I couldn't find it and, as I'd just scanned it again (I couldn't find the previous scans either), here it is. I did it in May 2006, and I remember how much fun it was to work on. The drawing is fairly simple and the color, for several panels at least, is loose and wild and something of a special effect. And the gag is good. I hope you agree, because in two or three months I'm going to post it again.

7 comments:

Linette Moore said...

I bet Petey's nose started bleeding as soon as the "THX Sound" thing came on screen.

The Deep End said...

I love this one!

Mike said...

Great stuff. It was one thing when the Hollywood process would transmogrify a novel into something it wasn't, but when they make picture books into films, I can't believe anyone is honestly trying to recapture the original.

Carla (Veldman) Morris said...

I love this so much.

paul bowman said...

No complaints here! The watercolor Cul de Sacs never get old.

Rebo said...

beautiful

Anonymous said...

One of my all-time favorites!