The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Be Mine


If I had any brains I'd turn this into a Valentine's Day card. It was drawn to illustrate a Joel Achenbach column in the Post Magazine five or six years ago, though I don't know why. Something about Valentine's Day I guess. I just like the idea that the poor woman has likely been standing there for days waiting for the guy to finish her surprise. That and she's going to be stuck with a giant, chalky pink heart thing when what she wants is chocolate (see previous post).

5 comments:

Hinzi said...

Hahaha..

Pat Myers said...

This was for Joel Achenbach's "Rough Draft" piece about the Coral Castle in Florida -- a sweet Valentine's story from 2005.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8962-2005Feb8.html

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful Valentine's Day thought!

Mike Rhode said...

If you had any brains, you WOULD turn this into a Valentine's card.

Rico said...

This made me chuckle.