The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Probably Shouldn't Draw


Every once in a while I do an Almanack with a realistic & fully-posable finger puppet that can be cut out and enjoyed by anyone who can weild scissors & tape. Like this one. They're really just self-indulgent failures of the imagination. I can't think of anything else to draw, so I draw a face that's fun to draw, then at the last minute I add a comment at the bottom and hope for the best. I may have gone to the well one time too often and I should quit. But look at that face! Who can resist? And Tom the courier and my friend Mike both say they're fun to cut out and collect, though I haven't tried either. And the kids love 'em, or at least they haven't specifically complained about them.

1 comment:

Mike Rhode said...

Yes, I've photocopied and made everyone of them so far. You could try to avoid the celebrity of the moment like Patreus though, because in a few months I'll have no idea who this guy on my shelf is.

I even made the Axis of Evil bobbleheads.